The School Site Council is a school based decision making organization whose central focus is supporting the best decisions for students. The School Site Council provides a means to improve communication and collaboration between the school and our community.
Who may be members of School Site Council?
The School Site Council is composed of members of our school community, with half of the group representing the school staff and half representing parents of Corona students.
Who may attend School Site Council meetings?
All School Site Council meetings are open to the public and all members of our community are encouraged to attend. At every meeting, an opportunity to speak to a topic not on the agenda is offered to anyone who is interested in addressing the School Site Council.
What are the major responsibilities of the Council?
The major responsibilities of this advisory forum include the following:
- Establish open communication between school and community.
- Assist in the development of the School Plan.
- Recommend the School Plan to the Board of Trustees.
- Encourage the participation of parents in the programs of the school.
- Have an ongoing responsibility to review with the principal, teachers and other school personnel, the implementation of the school plan and to assess periodically the effectiveness of the program.